Welcome to VIP!
Welcome to Forecastle! We're so excited to once again open the gates to Waterfront Park for an amazing weekend of live music right on the water! Your VIP perks will help you make the most of your weekend with up-close viewing, a private lounge and more!
We’ve compiled this guide to help you take full advantage of everything VIP has to offer. We’ve also included general festival details. Be sure to share this with everyone in your group so all are in-the-know. And if there is anything we left off, email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. We can’t wait to see you in the park!
BEFORE THE FESTIVAL
Health & Safety
- Bring your Festival Wristband
- If you are unvaccinated, the CDC encourages you to bring and wear a mask
- Please also remember our updated bag policy – CLEAR BAGS ONLY – and No liquids are allowed to be brought into Forecastle Festival.
There is no local requirement to provide a Negative COVID-19 test result, Vaccine Card, or Vaccine Record for entry at this event. If you are unvaccinated, the CDC encourages you to bring and wear a mask.
If you have questions about vaccines or want to get a vaccine, please visit Vaccines.gov to find the nearest vaccine provider near you. Current information about COVID-19, and recommendations for isolation and quarantine can be found at the CDC website.
How to Dress & What to Bring
Dress for comfort and be sure to check the weather forecast before you head out the door. The festival grounds are a combination of paved surfaces, gravel and grass, so choose your footwear accordingly. We recommend a hat and sunglasses, but if you forget anything, the Festival Store has lots of great merchandise offerings!
Review this link to be sure you are in compliance with our bag policy and to see what items are allowed and prohibited.
If your wristbands were not mailed to you and are at Will Call, you can pick them up at the Festival Box Office. Look for the Platinum & VIP Will Call line for expedited service. A government-issued ID is required to verify your order and pick up tickets.
Box Office Location: Box office will be located at the corner of River St and Witherspoon across from the Louisville Bats Stadium near the festival entrance.
Box Office Hours:
- Friday 5/27: 12PM– 10:30PM
- Saturday 5/28: 12PM – 10:30PM
- Sunday 5/29: 12PM - 10:00PM
Wristband activation ensures a smooth process when entering the festival each day and allows you to add emergency contact information to your wristband. All you need to do is enter your wristband ID number (located on the inside of your wristband) and contact info to activate.
GETTING IN THE FESTIVAL
- Friday: 1:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Saturday: 1:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Sunday: 1:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Location & Entry Gate
Forecastle Festival is located at the Waterfront Park in Louisville located at 131 River Rd. Louisville, KY 40202.
There are two entrances to the festival. One entrance is located near the corner of Witherspoon and Bingham Way and the other is located near the box office by River Road and Witherspoon. Upon arrival to the park follow signage to find the entrance that works for you. Look for the Priority VIP Entrance lanes for express entry.
- There are parking lots and garages around the park, as well as public transport that can get you there. Click here for information from downtown Louisville. Ride sharing highly encouraged.
AT THE FESTIVAL
You have unlimited in-and-out privileges to the VIP Lounge, located next to the Mast Stage and featuring shaded seating, premium restrooms, and food and beverage offerings. See the VIP Lounge Map here!
This lounge is located immediately adjacent to the Mast Stage. Look for the VIP entry portal on First Avenue between Castle Street and Cardinal Road. Inside you’ll find everything you need to make the most your Forecastle weekend, including:
- Lounge Tent — An air-conditioned space to sit back and relax at a variety of comfortable seating vignettes.
- VIP Bar — Never go thirsty with the wide range of beverage options for purchase, plus free sodas and water.
- Complimentary Salon services including festival braids and glitter applications
- Prime viewing of the Mast Stage
- Premium restrooms
*All viewing areas are limited capacity and available on a first-come, first-served basis
Your VIP ticket gives you access to some sweet viewing areas at all three stages. Please note that while viewing areas are ample, they are subject to capacity and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Front-of-stage — a designated area near the front of the stage
- Lounge viewing - view the Mast stage from the steps inside the VIP Lounge area
- Front-of-stage — a designated area near the front of the stage. Area located stage-left.
- Front-of-stage — a designated area near the front of the stage. Area located stage-right.